Issue Resolution Policy
We are committed to providing you with a positive and productive experience in our WorkBC Employment Services Centre. If you are not satisfied with your experience, we want you to talk to us. We promise to:
- Respond to you promptly – within one business day
- Treat you with courtesy and respect
- Work with you to resolve your concern quickly
- Provide you with weekly updates if the resolution process takes more than 10 days
As a client or employer, you have the right to prompt service, respect and confidentiality. You also have the right to services that are inclusive and accessible. If you are not happy with your service experience, we expect you to:
- Discuss your problem or concern with someone who can help
- Demonstrate courtesy and respect
- Share information that helps explain your concern
- Work with us to reach a positive outcome
Resolving Your Concern
Many problems and concerns can be solved at the time when they occur. Start by sharing your concern with a staff member who will be happy to help you.
Our staff will listen, ask questions and consider the situation. They will either offer a solution or provide you with options.
If you are not satisfied with the outcome, or if we are not able to solve your problem or concern within two business days, your concern will be referred to a Program Manager.
The Program Manager will talk to everyone involved to understand the situation. They will respond to you in writing or meet with you within five business days. If the resolution process takes longer than 10 business days, the Program Manager will provide you with weekly updates until the issue is resolved.
Further Steps You Can Take
If you are not happy with the outcome of a decision we have made, you can request a formal review by a member of the Executive Leadership Team. We promise to:
- Address your concern in a fair and transparent manner
- Provide help and support when you are requesting a formal review
- Maintain records and document the process
- Review your concern as part of our quality improvement process
How to request a formal review:
- Write an email or letter to a member of the Executive Leadership Team, or
- Complete the Decision Review form.
The request should be submitted within 20 business days of the date the original decision was communicated to you. Please describe the issue and what you are seeking.
A member of the Executive Leadership Team will review your request and will talk to everyone involved. If the resolution process takes longer than 10 business days, you will receive weekly updates until the issue is resolved.
A member of the Executive Leadership Team will contact you and explain the final decision to you. If your request is denied, the Program Manager will let you know in writing or will meet with you within five business days. The decision at the end of a formal review is final.
Improving our Services
All service complaints are documented according to program policy and are shared with our Quality Improvement Manager to ensure that we continually improving our services.